We come before you today in prayer for those who feel the weight of anxiety and fear when flying on airplanes. For many, the thought of taking off into the sky brings a sense of emotion that they cannot control. Yet we know that in You, all power and authority lies—and it is only in Your hands that true peace can be found.
As we come together in prayer, may those who are afraid to fly find solace knowing that You are always there with them. May they feel a strength unlike any other as you watch over them every step of their journey, no matter how long or short it may be. May these feelings be replaced with an assurance that everything will always work out for their good.
Help us to trust You every step of the way, Lord—even when feeling anxious or scared while traveling abroad. We place our faith in You now more than ever as we prepare to take flight—may Your love guide us through any turbulence or unexpected movements throughout our journeys around the world. We ask for Your protection and for You to keep us safe from harm as we soar through the airways – just like eagles who fly above mountains on wings of steel (Isaiah 40:31). Let us rest in the refuge of your wings and grant us unspeakable joy during our travels (Psalm 63:7).
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Bible Verses for Overcoming Fear of Flying
- Psalm 23:4 – “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
- Isaiah 41:10 – “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Joshua 1:9 – “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 27:1 – “The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?”